Children’s books about Senegal
Welcome to the children’s books about Senegal section of Kids Travel Books. It’s part of our children’s books set in Africa bookshelf. Below you will find some fast facts and other fun things about Senegal. And, as always, books!
Fast facts about Senegal for kids
- Senegal is officially known as the Republic of Senegal and is located in West Africa.
- The capital of Senegal is Dakar.
- The West African CFA Franc is Senegal’s official currency. It’s also the currency of Benin, Burkina Faso, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Mali, Niger, and Togo.
- French is the official language in Senegal, while Wolof is the most widely spoken language.
- For kids interested in learning more about Senegal, they may want to read more about baobab trees and the tradition of storytelling by the griots.
More children’s books set in Senegal
On the Way to School: Senegal
Xavier the Prince
One Shadow on the Wall
Showing all 3 results