Children’s books set in Botswana
Welcome to the children’s books set in Botswana section of Kids Travel Books. This is part of our kid’s books based in Africa bookshelf. Below you will find some fun Botswana facts for kids, links to things to do, and books to read.
Fast facts about Botswana for Kids
Whether you’re looking for books based in Botswana for your kids because you want to plan a trip there, or you’re interested in the culture – these fast facts are the perfect foundation to start your exploration.
- Botswana is a landlocked country located in southwest Africa.
- The capital of Botswana is Gaborone
- Botswana’s currency is the Botswana Pula. Pula means “rain” in Setswana.
- The official language of Botswana is English. Setswana is the national language, and there are over 20 other languages spoken in the country.
- For kids interested in learning more about Botswana, they may also want to read about the Kalahari Desert and African safaris.
Family-friendly bookish things to do in Botswana
Fans of the adult (and children’s) series, the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency, may be interested in seeing some of the sights made famous in the books and subsequent film/tv shows. African Insight provides the tour for you.
Other things to do in Botswana
- Chobe National Park
- Central Kalahari Game Reserve
- Okavango Delta
Children’s books based in Botswana
I’m a huge believer in the quickest way to cultural understanding is through the stomach. So, maybe these recipes will help your family prepare for their time in Botswana or learn more about the country.
Click here for Kids Travel Books Blog Posts about Botswana.
Or click on one of the links below to go to another section of the site.
Botswana children’s books
Showing all 3 results