Welcome to the Germany for kids section of Kids Travel Books. It’s a spotlight post for all of the things we have on this website to help you and your family learn more about Germany. Don’t forget to check out children’s books set in Germany.
Fast Facts about Germany for Kids
If you’re learning about Germany because you want to travel there, or because you want to learn more about the culture, these fast facts are the perfect foundation.
- Germany, or officially the Federal Republic of Germany, is located in west-central Europe.
- The capital of Germany is Berlin.
- The official currency in Germany is the Euro. The Euro is also the official currency of Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, and Spain.
- Standard German is the official language of Germany, though there are many dialects spoken throughout the country.
- For kids interested in learning more about Germany, they may be interested in reading more about the Brothers Grimm and castles.
Family-friendly bookish things to do in Germany
I think the number one bookish experience for families visiting Germany is to head to the Fairytale Route. Whether you decide to do the whole route or a tiny portion of it, it should be a favorite for all family members.
Other things to do in Germany
I actually wrote a whole post of family travel tips for Germany. However, if I had to narrow it down to three things I would suggest:
- Visiting Berlin
- Take in some Christmas Markets
- Head to the German Alps