I like to think that NYC was where my love of travel originated, and if that’s true, perhaps The Plaza Hotel is where my love of hotels started. Not because I stayed there, but because of a little girl named Eloise. In the list of book experiences kids can have while traveling, I can’t imagine one more memorable than visiting Eloise’s Plaza Hotel.
What experiences are available at Eloise’s Plaza Hotel?
This is what I love. The Plaza Hotel offers a selection of Eloise experiences to match (almost) any budget.
The Eloise Shop
Purchase your favorite Eloise books and accessories in the place it all started. It seriously doesn’t get better than that. The shop is open every day and is located on the main level.
The Eloise Afternoon Tea at the Palm Court
Afternoon Tea is a good idea anyway. Here you can have an Eloise-themed setting, with a special kid-friendly menu. Make sure to reserve space in advance.
The Eloise Birthday Parties
With three different party packages available, those convenient to NYC may want to indulge with their pint-sized friends. Each package pays tribute to a special Eloise book location, but they all look fun.
The Eloise Hotel Experience
Book any room at The Plaza and customize your Eloise experience. Packages start at $150 and can be customized to your needs. They include things like princess dresses, tiaras, games, and craft activities.
The Eloise Suite
For the biggest Eloise fan, nothing beats spending a night in her room. The very pink room was designed by Betsey Johnson, and though the price tag is high it includes things like:
- 625 sq. ft. / 58 sq. m.
- One king bedroom
- Eloise books, DVDs, dolls, and clothing for use
- Includes Eloise tea for two at The Palm Court
- Includes Eloise gift bag with a special tote bag, Eloise robe, a copy of “Eloise at The Plaza,” and other fun Eloise gifts
- Includes $100 gift card to the Eloise at The Plaza store
- Special welcome letter from Eloise
- Welcome sweets and goodies picked by Eloise and pink lemonade
- Guests have the option to book an adjoining “nanny” Edwardian Suite
- Champagne and chocolate truffles when booking the Edwardian Suite
- Personalized welcome/check-in upon arrival at The Plaza
- and memories
- Want to stay at The Plaza, book it here.
- Read about the different Eloise options mentioned above directly on The Plaza website.
- If you’d like to see more pictures of Eloise at The Plaza, follow the official Instagram Account @theplazaeloise.
- Don’t have the book? Get it now. There’s also a board book for younger visitors. Or get 4 books in one.
- Other books for a family trip to NYC.
Do you want to join other like-minded families who are interested in learning about other cultures via books and travel? Join our Facebook Group. I approve new members daily. It’s still small but growing.