Children’s books set in Guatemala
Welcome to the Children’s books set in Guatemala section of Kids Travel Books set in the Americas. Below you will find a small selection of Guatemala children’s books, plus a brief introduction to the country, and more.
Fast Facts about Guatemala for Kids
- Guatemala is located in Central America, south of Mexico.
- The capital of Guatemala is Guatemala City.
- Guatemala’s currency is the Guatemalan quetzal.
- Spanish is the official language, and there are also 21 Mayan languages spoken.
- Children learning about Guatemala may also want to research the Maya Empire and volcanoes.
Here’s a short video that makes a great introduction for Ancient Maya.
Bookish Family-Friendly things to do in Guatemala
Miguel Ángel Asturias Cultural Centre is part of the Guatemalan National Theater Complex and named after the first Guatemalan Nobel Prize in Literature winner.
Other things to do in Guatemala for families
More children’s books about Guatemala
The following are books that I still have to add to our official Global Bookshelf, but I still want to share with my readers:
If you want to enhance your kid’s understanding of the Guatemalan culture or really help them prepare for a trip – tasting local foods is the way to do that. So, I’m including some cookbook links, as well.
Guatemala Children’s Books:
Showing all 7 results