One of the biggest things I see in any family travel-related forum or blog post is… what’s the best gear? Instead of wasting your time with a million options, these are my suggestions for essential travel gear for families that make packing and organizing so much easier. And easier packing and organizing means happy traveling families. Here are some of my favorites:
- Eagle Creek Rolling Backpack: The one I bought years ago is not for sale anymore, but these are still my favorite. You can switch between rolling or backpack depending on what is most convenient at the time. Great for trips to Europe and Asia, or anywhere you’ll rely on local transportation to get you around. Also love it for traveling with kids in Europe while they’re in their stroller.
- Samsonite Spinners : I find Samsonite to be a very reliable luggage brand. I love any suitcase that has wheels that spin because I just enjoy using it. I think this is the one I have, but I have it in black because I’m one of those people.
- Eagle Creek Packing Cubes: Being able to organize clothes by day, person, or cleanliness is really awesome. There are many brands of packing cubes, but I do trust Eagle Creek’s quality that I can’t pass it up.
- A Luggage Scale: I know how to stuff a suitcase. I’m so good at it, that it ends up getting heavy pretty fast. I don’t like to waste space on frivolous things to travel with, but this has been a lifesaver more than once. No more moving things from checked to carry on (or worst, checked to trash) because I don’t want to pay the extra weight fee. I can confidently buy a souvenir book or five and know if I need to send it home or pack it with us.
- A Family Passport Wallet: I got one from Tracey Lipman’s Etsy store years ago and I still use it. I love it. It’s strong. It holds many passports. We have four in it, but it can easily hold more for larger families or those with multi-citizenships. Plus there’s space for documents. We astore currency, travel rewards, and membership cards in our wallet. It zips closed to keep it all contained, and the wrist strap means I never have to worry about where I put it between checking in, security, and boarding. She has such a wonderful assortment of fabric choices that you are sure to find something you love.
- Destination Specific-Tips (Personal recommendations)
- Travel Journaling Tips and Resources (Coming Soon)
- Website and Blogging Tools (Coming Soon)